Welcome to the State of Ohio
At the State of Ohio, we take care of the team that cares for Ohioans. We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees that include:
- Healthcare: Excellent Medical, as well as free dental and vision coverage to eligible employees.
- Education and Development: Education and professional development funds for full and part-time exempt and union employees. 100% free college for members of the OCSEA union, the largest union in the state.
- Work-Life Balance: Generous holiday and leave benefits to permanent employees. In addition to accrued vacation, sick, and personal leave, there are many other leave benefits.
- Planning Your Financial Future: Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) is an excellent pension offered to State employees. This pension consists of 10% of an employee's paycheck going into the pension each pay, with the employer matching 14% of the paycheck.
- Family and Lifestyle Employee discounts are offered to State employees for many different attractions and events.
The State of Ohio provides quality, affordable and competitive healthcare benefits to permanent full-time and permanent part-time employees
The State of Ohio offers generous holiday and leave benefits including vacation, sick and personal leave. There are also a number of other leave benefits available.
Education and Development
The State of Ohio offers education and professional development funds for full and part time exempt employees. 100% free college for members of the OCSEA union.
Planning Your Financial Future
Employment with the State of Ohio brings attractive financial planning options for your future.
Tax Savings Programs
Multiple different tax savings programs are available to eligible employees. This includes commuter programs, flexible spending accounts, and child care vouchers.
The insurance programs available through the State of Ohio offer steady sources of income for you and your family in the event of unexpected situations.
Family and Lifestyle
Discounts to local attractions and events, a wellness program with up to $550 in rewards, caregiver resources and more!