Web Content Viewer
Actions

Planning Your Financial Future

Image of a couple reviewing financial documents

Retirement Plan

The Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) is a generous pension offered to state employees. This consists of 10% of an employee's paycheck going into the pension each pay, with the employer matching 14% of the paycheck for a total of 24% going towards your retirement.

More information about OPERS


Deferred Compensation Program

The Deferred Compensation program is a pre-tax, private, 457 retirement account that acts as a supplemental retirement plan to the pension that is optional to any State of Ohio employee.

More information about Deferred Compensation


Ohio 529 College Savings Plan

The College Advantage program is a tax-free 529 account that acts as a simple way to save up for any higher education for a loved one and is available to all State of Ohio employees to enroll. 

More information about The College Advantage program