Welcome to the State of Ohio
Employment with the State of Ohio is more than ‘just a job’ – it is a privilege to serve our families, friends, and neighbors who rely on us throughout our great state. We are a team of dedicated public servants committed to high performance, innovative thinking, and delivering excellent and efficient services. Our goal is to recruit and retain the best talent because when we have the best talent, we get the best results for our community. We are #TeamOhio.
At the State of Ohio, we take care of the team that cares for Ohioans. We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees that include:
- Health Care: Excellent Medical, as well as free dental and vision coverage to eligible employees.
- Education and Development: Education and professional development funds for full and part-time exempt and union employees.
- Work-Life Balance: Generous holiday and leave benefits to permanent employees. In addition to accrued vacation, sick, and personal leave, there are many other leave benefits.
- Planning Your Financial Future: Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) is an excellent pension offered to state employees. This pension consists of 10% of an employee's paycheck going into the pension each pay, with the employer matching 14% of the paycheck.
- Family and Lifestyle: Employees and their spouses are eligible to receive Take Charge | Live Well rewards if you are enrolled in the state's medical plan. Employees can earn up to $1,500 and spouses can earn up to $550 by completing activities to improve your health and wellness. Discounts are offered to state employees for many different attractions and events