- To view all postings, simply click the “Apply Search” button at the bottom of the screen without selecting anything in the search criteria boxes.
Categories, Locations or Agency
- We recommend using only one search criteria box – Categories, Locations OR Agencies – to look for positions of interest. Choosing a selection from more than one search criteria box could bring up no results if no job postings meet all of the chosen search criteria. For example, if you select Corrections from the “Categories” search criteria box, Licking County from the “Counties” search criteria box and Public Safety from the “Agencies” search criteria box, the system would search for job postings that match all three of these criteria and return no results. If this happens, click “Return to Search Criteria,” then “Clear Search” at the bottom of the page. Make your selection(s) from only one of the search criteria boxes and try your search again.
- The number next to the category, location or agency indicates the number of job postings available for that selection only. For example, if you see Accounting and Finance (10) in the “Categories” search criteria box, you would know that there are 10 job postings available in the Accounting and Finance category.
- Search criteria boxes will display information for current job postings only. This means that a particular category, location or agency will only be listed if there is a job posting available with these criteria. For example, let’s say you live in Stark County and want to search using this county in the “Locations” criteria box. If you do not see Stark County listed, it means that there are currently no available job postings in Stark County.
- Selections will be listed under each search criteria box to inform you of which selections you’ve made.
- Search terms entered in the keywords search field will only bring up results if the terms are found in the job title or description.
- If you enter a keyword with an asterisk (*), all job postings in which the word makes up a portion of the title or description will be returned. For example, if you enter “account*” in the keywords search field, any job posting in which accounting, accounts, accountant or accountants appear in the title or description will be returned.
- To search for a job posting title you received in a Job Interest Card email, enter the job title in the keywords search field at the bottom of the page and click the “Apply Search” button.
My Minimum Desired Annual Salary
- To search for postings that meet your minimum desired salary requirements, enter the salary without any commas, decimals or dollar signs. For example, you would enter 40000 to search for job postings with a pay range of at least $40,000 annually.