Instructions and Tips for Applying Online Through OHMS
OHMS Online Application Guide
**IMPORTANT** The job posting will not be available to view in your profile once it has expired. Once you apply for a job, print the job posting for future reference. If a posting is currently open, you can print the posting following the steps below:
1. Go to our website, http://careers.ohio.gov/
2. Click "Search for State of Ohio Government Jobs"
3. Enter your search criteria and click the "Apply Search" button
4. Click the job title to bring up the posting
5. Click "Print Job Information" to open up the printable job posting.
If you have not printed or saved a posting and it is closed, refer to the How to Contact Hiring Agencies guide for more information.
How to Contact Hiring Agencies
Quick tips when applying through OHMS.
Benefits to the applicant when applying online:
- Do not need to re-create an application each time you want to apply for a position; can use the same one to apply for multiple positions
- Saves money on postage
- A record of all postings and applications is kept inside your profile in OHMS
- You will be able to see the application status when logged into your OHMS profile
- Application is received instantly after you certify and submit it
- Supplemental questions are answered during the application process instead of having to submit them separately, with the paper application
Benefits to the hiring agency:
- Saves time and effort; agency does not have to manually enter the application into OHMS, or contact applicant regarding responses to the Supplemental Questions
- Gives agency the ability to start processing the application immediately upon receipt
Instructions for Applying with Paper Application
Applicants are encouraged to apply online to make it easier to apply for multiple positions, and respond to supplemental questions that may be included with the online posting. However, a PDF of the paper application is available.
The paper application must be printed, completed manually and mailed directly to the agency. A separate application must be completed for each position. You may wish to make a copy of the completed application to retain for your records.
The agency's mailing address is listed at the top of the job posting.
If you are unable to view the PDF, go to www.adobe.com to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.